The first of Beethoven’s two Mass settings is distinctly modern and innovative in its musical language, which is both subjective and fervent. With its dramatic alternation of vocal and instrumental passages, and great contrasts in tension and expression, the Mass constantly demands the highest concentration and accuracy from the choral singers.
The Carus Choir Coach offers choir singers the unique opportunity to study and learn their own, individual choral parts within the context of the sound of the entire choir and orchestra. For every vocal range a separate CD containing each choir part is available. The CD is based on recorded interpretations by renowned artists who have performed the work from carefully prepared Carus Urtext editions. Each choir part is presented in three different versions:
- Original recording
- Coach: each part is accompanied by the piano, with the original recording sounding in the background
- Coach in slow mode: the tempo of the coach slows down to 70% of the original version – through this reduction passages can be learned more effectively.
- Frieder Bernius Personal details
Soloist - soprano
- Maria Keohane Personal details
Soloist - alto
- Margot Oitzinger Personal details
Soloist - tenor
- Thomas Hobbs Personal details
Soloist - bass
- Sebastian Noack Personal details
- Ludwig van Beethoven Personal details