On the surface, the Petite Messe solennelle is an occasional work, written for the dedication of the private chapel of a well-to-do Parisian nobleman. Rossini himself never published the work. The typically Rossinian rhythms and capricious drama, entirely in operatic style, offer a choir the chance to show off its full range of abilities – provided it has mastered the challenges.
The Carus Choir Coach offers choir singers the unique opportunity to study and learn their own, individual choral parts within the context of the sound of the entire choir and orchestra. For every vocal range a separate CD containing each choir part is available. The CD is based on recorded interpretations by renowned artists who have performed the work from carefully prepared Carus Urtext editions. Each choir part is presented in three different versions:
- Original recording
- Coach: each part is accompanied by the piano, with the original recording sounding in the background
- Coach in slow mode: the tempo of the coach slows down to 70% of the original version – through this reduction passages can be learned more effectively.
- Tonu Kaljuste Personal details
- Kirchheimer Vokal-Consort Personal details
Soloist - piano
- Simon Bucher Personal details
Soloist - organ
- Andreas Gräsle Personal details
- Gioachino Rossini Personal details