Characterized by gripping drama and at the same time by an intimacy of trust in God, something which was no longer a matter of course even in Mendelssohn’s lifetime, this oratorio offers a wealth of musical means of expression, ranging from total despair to tremendous joy and whipped-up agitation in the contest about the “true” God. Singers have a range of rewarding challenges in this work.
The Carus Choir Coach offers choir singers the unique opportunity to study and learn their own, individual choral parts within the context of the sound of the entire choir and orchestra. For every vocal range a separate CD containing each choir part is available. The CD is based on recorded interpretations by renowned artists who have performed the work from carefully prepared Carus Urtext editions. Each choir part is presented in three different versions:
- Original recording
- Coach: each part is accompanied by the piano, with the original recording sounding in the background
- Coach in slow mode: the tempo of the coach slows down to 70% of the original version – through this reduction passages can be learned more effectively.
- Frieder Bernius Personal details
Soloist - soprano
- Letizia Scherrer Personal details
Soloist - alto
- Renée Morloc Personal details
Soloist - tenor
- Werner Güra Personal details
Soloist - bass
- Michael Volle Personal details
- Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy Personal details