This Christmas oratorio is one of two major vocal works by Homilius which were published during his lifetime. He set the pastoral subject popular at the time in all its facets for unusually large instrumental forces. Each movement has its own atmosphere. The notes need to be secure in order to communicate the nimble cheerfulness of the first choir, the gentleness of the lullaby "Schlaf, Sohn aus Davids Stamm", and the celebration of the final chorus.
Experience choral music. Anytime. Anywhere.
At home and out and about: Straight away your choral works will always be with you to practice! With carus music, the new choir app, you can follow the music while listening to a top-class recording on your smartphone or tablet, and easily practice your own choral part with the help of a coach. With carus music, your concert preparation will be easy and efficient to master – and fun!
Performers: Christiane Kohl (soprano), Annette Markert (alto), Marcus Ullmann (tenore), Tobias Berndt (basso) – Sächsisches Vocalensemble – Ludwig Güttler
- Ludwig Güttler Personal details
- Sächsisches Vocalensemble Personal details
Soloist - soprano
- Christiane Kohl Personal details
Soloist - alto
- Annette Markert Personal details
Soloist - tenor
- Marcus Ullmann Personal details
Soloist - bass
- Tobias Berndt Personal details
Songwriter / Librettist
- Ernst August Buschmann Personal details
- Gottfried August Homilius Personal details