The cantata "Es ist euch gut, dass ich hingehe" [It is well that I go forth] BWV 108 for Cantate Sunday is one of the cantatas composed on texts by the Leipzig poetess Christiane Mariane von Ziegler with which Bach concluded his second annual cycle of cantatas after he had abandoned the annual cycle of chorale cantatas at Easter 1725. The text contains two sayings by Jesus which are taken directly from the Sunday gospel reading (John 16:5-15). The quotation opening the cantata was set by Bach as a bass aria with solo oboe d’amore; it breathes tranquility and assurance. The second quotation, however, is set as an extended choral fugue in three sections; it forms the center of the cantata. The free text surrounding the biblical quotations is divided into two arias in which the emphasis is on melodic lines; there is only one single recitative, the original text of which was substantially abridged by Bach. A four-part chorale concludes the cantata.
- Reinhold Kubik Plus d'information sur la personne
basse continue réalisée par
- Paul Horn Plus d'information sur la personne
- Vernon Wicker Plus d'information sur la personne
- Christiane Mariane von Ziegler Plus d'information sur la personne
- Johann Sebastian Bach Plus d'information sur la personne