The Freiburger Orgelbuch 2 is mainly aimed at semi-professional organists who are looking for challenging pieces with a clear liturgical use. All liturgical situations are provided for: ceremonial processions, music for the offertory and communion, meditative organ music, and pieces based on chorales for the major festivals of the church year.
Besides a wide range of German and Austrian organ music, there is additional variety with selected works by French, English, Spanish, Italian, and American composers. The arrangement of the contents by country reflects the international scope of the book. There are short commentaries on the pieces, providing information on each composer and questions of registration.
The selection offers a broad stylistic variety, ranging from toccatas to Romantic character pieces and Vesper voluntaries. The easy-to-medium level of difficulty will be particularly welcomed by semi-professional organists. But more experienced players will also find previously little-known treasures of the organ music repertoire in this edition. The Freiburger Orgelbuch 2 will surely become an important compendium for organ teaching because of its broad contents.
Selected works can be heard on a CD in top-quality recordings on newly-built and historic instruments in the Archdiocese of Freiburg in the Lake Constance region (Constance, Hilzingen), and the area around Karlsruhe.
- Patrick Fritz-Benzing Plus d'information sur la personne
- Georg Koch Plus d'information sur la personne
- Severin Zöhrer Plus d'information sur la personne
- Meinrad Walter Plus d'information sur la personne
- Godehard Weithoff Plus d'information sur la personne
- Johannes Götz Plus d'information sur la personne
- Matthias Degott Plus d'information sur la personne
- Michael Meuser Plus d'information sur la personne